In most homes, the living room is decorated with care and is often the most beautiful room of the house. However, the living room is often the less used space by the family. Many people think that the living room need to be maintained as an area perfect for socializing with the guests. So they hardly use it.
The living room is the perfect space to accommodate your guests. It also reflects your personality. It is important that your guests, but also the family members feel comfortable. Sometimes, this room look too perfect and make people feel less comfortable. The living room should be a place for pleasure and relaxation.
Here are some ideas to make your living room comfortable and charming:
* The color is very important. Choose light and neutrals colors for the walls. That leaves plenty of space for the selection of furniture. This also makes it possible for an easier furniture removal, without changing the color scheme;
* The polished wood floors give a charming look. Use also carpets to decorate the space;
* The positioning of furniture is very important, especially if you have a large living room. It is best to divide the space into two or three separate seating areas. This offers a more cozy environment, where you can enjoy good times with family and friends.
It is also important to choose the right guidance for your furniture. You can orient your furniture for an architectural focal point, for example:
* A large window facing the garden or outside
* Another important aspect of architectural space
If you do not have such a focal point in your home, you can create one, for example pictures or murals on the wall.
* Use rugs to define different spaces. They help to give a touch of color in the decoration
* If your furniture is in neutral colors, you should use many colorful and decorative pillows. They will add color and create a more cozy feeling. This decorating tip is especially important in winter
* When hanging a heavy picture on the wall, you should choose a wall facing the furniture. This allows people to admire it
* If you are fond of mirrors you should hang them so that people can not see their reflection on them. This can make many people uncomfortable
* A small tree placed in a vase adds life to the space and soften the height of the living room. Put it beside the entrance, the lobby
* A small fish pond and a fountain are also lovely decorative items for any living room
* You can also place a decorative divider to divide the space in the living room, TV room and into the living room. The screens are excellent for this purpose. They not only provide privacy but also allow light to penetrate the interior spaces
* An arrangement of flowers in a vase or basket also gives a touch of outdoor space, even after Spring and Summer
* The lighting in the living room should be general and diffuse. There must be lights to create atmosphere, as there must also be an arrangement of candles to give a more romantic look.
* If you are living in an apartment, a good investment is a sofa bed. This sofa bed provides an extra bed when needed and also takes up less space.
You can use all the ideas mentioned above. Use them and make a good interior decoration for your living room.